Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hockey Pics and a Poem

Took these photos a week or so ago, Megan's team,while playing against a school from Pretoria.
The game was a draw.
Then, another poem from my Helen Steiner Rice book:

A Friend is a Gift from God

Among the great and glorious gifts
our heavenly Father sends
Is the gift of understanding
that we find in loving friends.
For in this world of trouble
that is filled with anxious care,
Everybody needs a friend
in whom they're free to share
the little secret heartaches
that lay heavy on the mind-
Not just a mere acquaintance
but someone who's just our kind. . . .
So when we need some sympathy
or a friendly hand to touch
Or one who listens tenderly and speaks
words that mean so much,
We seek a true and trusted friend
in the knowledge that we'll find
A heart that's sympathetic
and an understanding mind.
And often just without a word
there seems to be a union
Of thoughts and kindred feelings,
for God gives true friends communion.
xx
{{hugs}}

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pics.
    Sunny SA, gotta love that too.
    I am seeing those triangular banners/ bunting all over...not only in scrapbooking.
    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so much better than me. When I watch my child play sport, I always take my camera and always get so involved in the game that I forget to take pictures! The few I have, were all taken by other people. Thank goodness for professional photographers at inter provincials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that hockey collage &
    another inspiring poem from HSR !!!

    do email whenever you can ! I'll be glad to help !!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics.

    Love that poem. Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete