Thursday, July 1, 2010

Not much.

At the moment I have nothing exciting going on. We are just hanging around at home. Visiting the mall, coming back, Megan going to practice, me going spinning{but now I have the flue}and hubby going to work. Winter seems to have a very negative effect on me, really and I can feel around my hips too!
I read this in a little book the other morning and will share this with you.

The Only Way
Jesus told him,"I am the way, the truth and the life.
No one can come to the Father except through Me."
John14:6-7
My sister-in-law, Joanie, recently taught her computer class how to download photos from a digital camera. Her students commented that the "USB" plug fits into the camera only one way - the way the designer made it to work.  Joanie was reminded that despite the cultural trend to embrace the notion that there are may ways to God, Jesus made an exclusive claim.  Truth by nature is exclusive.  We cannot invent truth:  we discover truth and live by it.
Jesus offers everyone the opportunity to find life in Him and live by His ways.  His truth is free to all.  But  He is the only one who can make the exclusive claim of being Truth Himself.
Lord Jesus,
Keep me from rebelling against Your exclusive claims.  Help me to embrace You and live by Your truth in all that I do.  Amen.
Simply Refreshing by Ellen Banks

4 comments:

  1. I am not a winter person at all.
    All my blogger friends are commenting on how much happier I am sounding...ITS SUMMER TIME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought, made me stop and think.
    So often I just rush onto the next thing, but the USB fitting only one way really resonates with me.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup Amen to that...amazes me when people make up their own religion & think that makes it true! Like changing the colour of the sky - just not possible! As arrogant as it may sound Jesus IS the only way & nothing else fits. That said I'm also very despondent at the bad behaviour displayed by Christians, even over the internet.

    ReplyDelete